Maintaining your heart health is critically important, and there are many approaches and preventative measures that you can take in order to have a healthy heart. This article shares a few of the ways that you can actually age-proof your heart.
But first, here are three very startling statistics from the American Heart Association:
- Cardiovascular disease, listed as the underlying cause of death, accounts for nearly 836,546 deaths in the US. That’s about 1 of every 3 deaths in the US.
- About 2,300 Americans die of cardiovascular disease each day, an average of 1 death every 38 seconds.
- Heart disease accounts for 1 in 7 deaths in the US.
There are any number of things that can lead to heart disease, and one of them doctors refer to as atherosclerosis, also called arteriosclerosis. The average person, however, refers to it as the hardening of the arteries. Arteriosclerosis is not something that materializes all of a sudden. It is something that takes any number of years to happen.
Over the years, fat, calcium, and cholesterol have mixed together with other materials and have begun to line the walls of your blood vessels. This combination is called plaque. And the plaque not only hardens but thickens. When this takes place, your blood vessels become narrower and can even become blocked.
Here is the challenge:
With the blockage, it is hard for blood to flow through these narrowed blood vessels which puts undue stress on your heart. This leads to heart disease and may lead to a heart attack if the blockage is in the coronary blood vessels.
Sometimes, parts of the hardened plaque dislodge from the blood vessel walls. When this occurs, the small bits flow through the blood vessels and can essentially cause a heart attack or a stroke.
In some cases, blood clots form around these pieces of plaque and block the flow of blood through the arteries even more. These blood clots are called thrombi. These clots can travel throughout the body—to the brain, heart or lungs– thereby causing a heart attack, a stroke, or an aneurism.
If you don’t catch it early, you may be required to take prescription medicine to lower your cholesterol or to prevent blood clots. The worse scenario may be a surgical procedure to remove the plaque (endarterectomy) or surgeries such as angioplasty and even heart bypass.
Here is the good news….
If you catch it early, you can do a whole lot to keep this build up from getting worse. For example, you can consult your healthcare professional who can provide you with a diet plan and an exercise regimen.
Just remember: A healthy body will reward you with a healthy heart!
Here are a few easy steps that you can take every day, steps that can help you and your loved ones live a heart-healthy life.
- Step 1. Clear your pantry and refrigerator shelves of anything that is high in saturated fat. For example, toss out fried foods, pastries, cookies, gravies, vegetable oil. If you are unsure of the ingredients, simple check the food labels.
- Step 2. Add healthy fats to your diet. Remember: “All fats are not created equal.” If you are determined to age-proof your arteries, you should choose “healthy” fats that are high in omega-3 fatty acids and monounsaturated fats. Therefore, when planning and preparing your meals, include avocados, olive oil, nuts, and fish such as salmon, sardines, mackerel, and herring.
- Step 3. Begin exercising a minimum of thirty minute on a daily basis. Add some cardiovascular activities into your day. It goes without saying that cardiovascular activities will help make your heart stronger so that it doesn’t have to work as hard to pump your blood. You can begin by walking or simply climbing the stairs at your home or workplace. Other activities include jogging, dancing, biking, and swimming.
In addition to the steps mentioned above, as an affiliate of Lurra Life, I want to share with you an amazing product that can “age-proof” your heart and body. It is called Thrive!
This product is designed to fight the war against not only heart disease but also diabetes which is a leading cause of high blood pressure, heart disease, strokes, and many other unhealthy complications.
Watch the video below!
How Does It Help to Age-Proof My Heart?
LurraLife Thrive furnishes the body with two essential amino acids, L-Arginine and L-Citrulline. Research has proven that these two amino acids are instrumental in reversing the damaged cardiovascular system and enhances the production of nitric oxide, a “powerful neurotransmitter.”
What Is LurraLife’s Nitric Oxide Blend?
The body critically needs Nitric Oxide. This essential molecule is responsible for sending messages to your blood vessels, telling them “to relax and expand, creating greater efficiency, greater nutrient delivery, and greater oxygenation to every system, organ, and tissue in the body.”
Co-recipient of the 1998 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine Nobel Prize, Dr. Louis Ignarro states
Nitric Oxide is produced by the body specifically to help keep arteries and veins free of the plaque that causes stroke and to maintain normal blood pressure by relaxing the arteries, thereby regulating the rate of blood flow and preventing coronaries. Nitric Oxide is the body’s natural cardiovascular wonder drug.
A single scoop provides you with a dose of L-Arginine, L-Citrulline, Beet Root Extract, Agmatine Sulfate, Resveratrol, and N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine. LurraLife’s Thrive has a pertfect blend of all-natural enhancers that are effective in helping to help rebuild and fortify your cardiovascular system.
Try LurraLife Thrive™, an all-natural cardio green drink mix!