Back when I was young I remember visiting my friend in South Carolina and she introduced me to my first glass of sweet tea!
Well actually she probably introduced me to my first gallon of sweet tea because after I drank that first glass I was HOOKED and several more glasses quickly followed!
I was young then and didn't realize that drinking gallons of sweet tea was bad for my body.
So I stopped drinking it… as much! LOL
Then years later I moved to the south and everyplace you went, served sweet tea!
And no matter how hard I tried to NOT drink it but the truth is… I couldn't help myself!
Especially during those long hot summers! Nothing could quench your thirst quite the same as a big, tall glass of sweet tea!
So years later I started playing the recipe because in case you didn't know already I LOVE ketofying my favorite recipes!
Now don't let the sugar free part fool ya!
Sign Up Below To Get Keto Recipes Delivered To Your Email Daily!
As a matter of fact, there's barely a day that goes by that you won't find a pitcher of “sweet tea” in my fridge because my husband loves it so much that I make it practically every day!
Now the secret to this recipe is that I use Luzianne Iced Tea Bags! You see, even though I was born and raised in Chicago, I moved to the south when I was in my early 20's and consider myself a southern.
If you heard my accent you would think I was a southern too!
I prefer Lakanto Granulated Sweetener over any of the other sweeteners because it doesn't leave any type of aftertaste and it taste like real sugar!
It's simply not going to happen! So if you want to create a drink that your family will rave about… trust me when I say using Lakanto Granulated Sweetener is the way to go!
These pecans will instantly take care of your sweet tooth!
For more snack ideas check out these recipes:
– Low Carb Walnut Keto Fudge
– Low Carb Coconut Pecan Cheesecake Bars
– Low Carb Blueberry Keto Scones
– Low Carb Brown Sugar Peanut Butter Cookies
– Low Carb Old Fashioned Butter Cookies
– Low Carb Keto Cinnamon Vanilla Butter Glazed Pecans
2. Once the water is hot, pour the water over the tea and allow it to steep.
That's it! Easy. Peasy!
- Heat half of your filtered water in a large pot until it comes to boil. While the water is boiling put your tea bags and baking soda into a gallon sized pitcher.
- Once water comes to a boil, add it to the pitcher with the tea bags and baking soda. Allow to steep for 5 - 10 minutes or until your tea is dark in color.
- Once your tea has steeped, remove the tea bags and stir in your Lakanto Granulated Sweetener . Make sure the sweetener is fully dissolved. Add the remaining water and stir well. Allow to chill or serve over ice. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn money through qualifying purchases.
Serving Size8 Ounces
Amount Per ServingCalories 4Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 31mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g