I guess you can say that I've always been a foodie!
And truthfully, I would consider myself to be more than just a foodie.
I would actually consider myself a food connoisseur!
I have always loved food that has a complexity of taste and texture
And with these cookies, I remember one of my fondest memories in elementary school was going to school and being able to buy these amazing butter cookies that the school cafeteria use to sell.
Now I may be telling my age here, but you use to be able to buy these really big, delicious butter cookies for only 10 cents a piece!
I remember after you got your lunch (which by the way was almost disgusting), you would have to get back in line to get your cookies and the line was always really long!
Depending on how much money I had (remember I was a kid so don't judge me) I would get at least 2 of them, but at that time I was super thin because I played outside all of the time and of course didn't have a car!
And of course like most adults we want to relive portions of our childhood. So when I got older I wanted to recreate these cookies because not only did I have fond memories of them, but they were also super delicious!!!
So I found the recipe online and started making them. The cookies came out nearly identical to the ones I remembered so it's safe to say they did not disappoint!
But as much as I loved making (and eating) these cookies, they didn't love me at all!!!
And not only were they bad for my waistline, they were also bad for my body because of the sugar and flour that it was made of!
So of course (y'all know me), I needed to ketofy the recipe!
I found several recipes on the internet for keto butter cookies that were lacking!
Sign Up Below To Get Keto Recipes Delivered To Your Email Daily!
Let me back up some… there were a few recipes that needed a pinch more of this or a pinch more of that and the cookies were edible.
Not delicious just edible!
And there were recipes that I tried that were just downright disgusting!!!
I have made quite a few recipes with almond flour and while some of the recipes have come out OK, they still don't have the same taste and texture as baked goods made with white flour.
So after a lot of trial and error, I came up with this recipe that's not 100% perfect but it's pretty damn close!
One of the things that gives these cookies their amazing flavor is the monkfruit sweetener!
Using the Lakanto Powdered Sweetener will make your cookies a light, airy and flakey on the inside while also giving it a nice crunchy texture on the bottom!
As with anything I make, I only use Kerrygold Butter because it's the best and it makes your food taste AMAZING!!!
I made big, thick cookies so I only got 12 out of this recipe. I'm sure you could make smaller, thinner cookies and get 16 – 18 cookies if you like.
Now this recipe is super simple and easy to make! To make them here's what you need to do…
3. Make 12 balls, put them on a non stick cookie sheet and press them down with your fingers and cook for 15 – 20 minutes. Allow to cool down before eating – if you can get that far! Enjoy!
If you're tried this recipe please tell me what you think below! I'd love your feedback!
- Preheat your oven to 300 F. Then in a mixing bowl, add your almond flour, Lakanto Powdered Sweetener, salt and mix well.
- Next add your softened butter and mix well until everything is fully combined. Then add the egg and pure vanilla extract and mix well.
- Take rounded tablespoon sized pieces of the mixture and roll into 12 balls, then using your 3 middle finger, press them onto a lined cookie sheet. Make sure you leave a small space between the cookies because they will spread a little.
- Bake the cookies for 15 - 20 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned. The cookies will firm while cooling, so allow them to cool completely before eating.
- Leave to cool before storing in an airtight jar, or using as a cheesecake base.
- Wellbee's Almond Flour
- Kerrygold Grass Fed Butter
- McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- baking s
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn money through qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Cookie
Amount Per ServingCalories 191 Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 36mg Sodium 78mg Carbohydrates 3g Fiber 2g Sugar 0g Protein 5g
Hi! I'm Pam Peebles and I started KetoCoach because I wanted to show other women all the benefits there was to living a keto lifestyle! Having used the keto diet to correct some of my own health issues, I knew that more women needed to know about it! Now my mission is to show as many women as possible how they can take control of their health, weight and life by following a simple system and to continue to grow our ever expanding KetoCoach Community!