From the time you walked within 200 feet of them, the smell would intoxicate you!
And of course they pulled you in with the free samples!
I mean how could you resist! One bite and you were SOLD!
If you've ever been to any type of mall in the United States then you know exactly what I'm talking about!
And of course once I made the decision to get serious and focus on following the keto lifestyle, then eating those buts were out!
There were a few recipes that involved baking the nuts with egg whites.
And I think I tried them ALL before finally realizing that I was probably going to have to create my own recipe!
So through a lot of testing (and tons of eating), I came up with the recipe you'll see below!
No one will believe they're low carb!
So if you've been looking for a treat that you can take to work with you or share with your kids and family then look no more!
Now in order to make sure that your pecans have that creamy, delicious buttery coating there's a few important things that you need to do.
The reason why I love Kerrygold so much is because even when you heat it up, it retains its smooth creamy flavor!
Now another important part is this recipe is using pure vanilla extract, and not that imitation stuff! GASP!
I recommend using McCormick All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract.
McCormick has been around for longer than I've been on this earth… and that's a long time!
And they're known for the quality of their extracts and seasonings.
I remember being a little girl and baking with my mother and grandmother and we always used McCormick's.
So of course whenever I make any type of desserts or baked goods I always make sure to use a really good extract. Trust me when I say it makes a HUGE difference!
Now the last thing you really want to make sure you have is a sweetener that can stand up to heat.
And what do I mean by this? Well some sweeteners are not heat stable so when you heat them they become bitter.
It's the reason why I highly recommend using Lakanto Granulated Sweetener for this recipe.
So if you're wondering if you can use stevia in this recipe you can… but I wouldn't!
To get that authentic taste like the ones you use to eat in the mall, I highly suggest that you use Lakanto Granulated Sweetener.
Now another thing that's important is using organic cinnamon. I use Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon because it has a rich taste and I don't have to use as much of it like I have with other brands I've purchased.
Again, you can use any type of cinnamon you like but if you plan to make this recipe more than once, and I promise you – you will, then you may as well invest in the good stuff!
What you will appreciate the most about this recipe, of course besides how AMAZING they taste, is how easy it is to make them!
2. Add the Lakanto Granulated Sweetener and cook for 10 additional minutes.
Ahhhhh… life is good right? And THIS is a diet??? LOL
Leave me your comment below and let me know if you love this recipe as much as I do!
- Add the butter and pecans to a saute pan and cook over low to medium heat. Once the butter melts completely, add the cinnamon. Stir well and allow to cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Next add the Lakanto Granulated Sweetener and vanilla an make sure everything is fully coated. Cook the nuts for an additional 10 minutes or until the pecans appear to have a glaze over them. (By the way you can get 15% off your Lakanto Granulated Sweetener when you use the code: KetoCoach)
- Remove from heat and allow to cool at least 6 hours. The flavor intensifies when you add them to an air-tight container and allow them to cool overnight. Enjoy!
- We Got Nuts Roasted Pecans
- Kerrygold Grass Fed Butter
- McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- Royal Air-Tight Food Storage Containers
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn money through qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1/2 Cup
Amount Per ServingCalories 477 Total Fat 49g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 36g Cholesterol 30mg Sodium 91mg Carbohydrates 6g Fiber 5g Sugar 0g Protein 5g