When you taste this low carb chocolate keto ice cream, you'll be surprised.. no make that SHOCKED at how much it taste like the real deal!
This keto ice cream is creamy and delicious just like regular ice cream but of course it doesn't have all of the sugar and carbs!
Now I must say when I originally saw this recipe I was a little skeptical.
I mean how do you turn a mousse into ice cream? It just didn't make any sense!
Fortunately I decided to stick it through and made a batch of this delicious ice cream and boy was I glad!
Sign Up Below To Get Keto Recipes Delivered To Your Email Daily!
I've used this recipe for sundays and to make a chocolate almond milk shake!
Now with all of my recipes, the key to making it taste as close to the real thing as it can get is that you use high quality ingredients!
I've had people test my recipes by using other brands of monkfruit sweetener and every time the results are always the same!
There is either some weird after taste or they feel like they're getting some type of cooling sensation!
That's why after trying several sweeteners, I've come back to my favorite – Lakanto!
You can really, really taste the difference!
And unlike my low carb strawberry keto frozen yogurt recipe, making this chocolatey delight takes a little bit of work but I'll try to sum it up for you in a few steps!
1. You'll need to melt the chocolate and coconut butter together in a double boiler then allow it to cool down. While it's cooling down you'll want to separate your egg whites from the yokes then using a hand mixer, mix the whites and cream of tartar together.
2. Once your egg whites thicken that's when it's time to add your Lakanto Powdered Sweetener. Meanwhile in another bowl, you'll want to whip your cream together until it has soft peaks. And in another bowl mix your egg yolks with the vanilla extract.
3. Now that you've got everything ready, it's time to put it all together! Once you mix everything together, you're going to put it on a parchment lined pan and then put it in the freezer to allow it time to chill and set. Once done you can serve immediately or keep in the freezer to eat! Time to enjoy!
Want more dessert ideas like this one? Check out my best low carb dessert recipes below!
Best Low Carb Desserts:
– Low Carb Walnut Keto Fudge
– Low Carb Coconut Pecan Cheesecake Bars
– Low Carb Berries & Goat Cheese
– Low Carb Blueberry Keto Scones
– Low Carb Strawberry Keto Frozen Yogurt
– Low Carb Peanut Butter Keto Mousse
- Melt the chocolate and coconut butter in a double boiler. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature. In the meantime, separate the egg whites from the egg yolks then using an hand mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together.
- As the egg whites thicken, slowly add your Lakanto Powdered Sweetener and beat it until they create stiff peaks. (By the way you can get 15% off your Lakanto Powdered Sweetener when you use the code: KetoCoach)
- In another bowl, whisk the cream until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed. In a another bowl, mix the egg yolks with the vanilla extract.
- When the chocolate has cooled down to room temperature, using a rubber spatula, add about one third of the fluffy egg whites and mix it in with the chocolate. Next, add the remaining egg whites by gently fold them in without deflating them.
- Slowly stir in the egg yolk and vanilla mixture. and then finally fold in the whipped cream using the spatula, creating fluffy chocolate mousse.
- Transfer the chocolate mousse into a 9 x 9 inch baking dish that's been lined with heavy-duty parchment paper. Freeze for at least 4-6 hours, or until set.
- If you like, you can use single serving containers for portion control. Each serving will be one scoop or approximately half cup. If the ice cream is too hard, leave it at room temperature for 10 - 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- Farberware 2-Quart Covered Double Boiler
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn money through qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Serving
Amount Per ServingCalories 336 Total Fat 27g Saturated Fat 17g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 126mg Sodium 49mg Carbohydrates 6g Fiber 3g Sugar 0g Protein 5g
Hi! I'm Pam Peebles and I started KetoCoach because I wanted to show other women all the benefits there was to living a keto lifestyle! Having used the keto diet to correct some of my own health issues, I knew that more women needed to know about it! Now my mission is to show as many women as possible how they can take control of their health, weight and life by following a simple system and to continue to grow our ever expanding KetoCoach Community!