- Preheat oven to 450F. Place your cauliflower into food processor and pulse it until the crumbs are about half the size of a grain of rice.
- Next, place the cauliflower into a large microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes. By this time your cauliflower should be soft and tender.
- Take the cauliflower out of the microwave and stir it up so that you can mix everything well then place it back into the microwave and cook for another 3 minutes. Then remove again and stir then place back into microwave and cook for another 5 minutes. At this point, you should begin to see that your cauliflower is starting to become more dry.
- You may need to microwave it for another 5 minutes. At this point, your cauliflower should still be slightly moist to the touch, but should look dry and clumped up
- Allow your cauliflower to cool for a few minutes then add in your egg and cheese. Stir to combine until smooth paste forms. Next, stir in your seasoning.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Place onto large, non-stick baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using your knuckles and fingers, shape into square bread slices that are about 1/3 inch thick.
- Bake the cauliflower bread for about 15 - 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes.
- Using a good spatula, carefully slide your cauliflower bread off of the parchment paper. Now you are ready to assemble your sandwiches!
- You can either cook on the stove top as you would normally cook a grilled cheese or you can also place the sandwiches into a toaster oven (the method I prefer to use) and broil for several minutes (3 - 5) until cheese is completely melted and bread is nice and toasty!
- Serve warm! Enjoy!
- Hamilton Beach 70725A 12-Cup Stack & Snap Food Processor and Vegetable Chopper Black
- USA Pan 1604CR Quarter Sheet Baking Pan and Bakeable Nonstick Cooling Rack Metal
- DI ORO Chef Series 3-Piece Silicone Turner Spatula Set - 600ºF Heat-Resistant Flexible Rubber Silicone Spatulas - Best Silicone Cooking Utensil Set - Egg Turners, Pancake Flippers, Kitchen Spatulas
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn money through qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 435 Total Fat 29g Saturated Fat 15g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 170mg Sodium 1086mg Carbohydrates 9g Fiber 2g Sugar 0g Protein 33g