I originally came up with this berries and goat cheese recipe because of my obsession with goat cheese.
It all started out with an innocent dinner with friends where we went to a 300 year hacienda to eat dinner.
I won't bore you with the entire story, however if you want to hear how I became obsessed with using goat cheese in my desserts, you can check out my very berry cheesecake recipe which has all the details here.
What I will say is that in addition to an amazing berried and goat cheese dessert I also had some of the most amazing salmon that I've ever had in my life… and that's saying a lot!
So back to my goat cheese obsession… the hacienda created a recipe that had goat cheese covered with berries.
While my tastebuds told me to eat the entire thing, my head knew better so I only had a little bit.
But once I got home I could not stop thinking about the berries and goat cheese so of course I started playing around with it to create a keto version of it which is how I came up with this recipe!
If you've never had goat cheese for dessert let me tell you… your taste buds will be in for a treat!
It's a simple dessert with a very complex taste so I'm certain that once you try it, if you're like me you'll want to make it again and again!
And if you like the thought of goat cheese in desserts as much as I do then be sure you check out my coconut pecan cheesecake bars. The combination of these ingredients will leave you singing!
Sign Up Below To Get Keto Recipes Delivered To Your Email Daily!
Now just like with the other recipes, what you put into this recipe is super important!
I believe in using the best ingredients because for me you can taste the difference!
Of course when it comes to sweeteners I use Lakanto Brown Sweetener because it gives the fruit a nice taste and glaze!
And you'll LOVE the simplicity of making this recipe because very little cooking is required!
3. Cook for 5 – 10 minutes or until your berries are soft then add in your vanilla and turn off. Serve warm over your goat cheese.
BTW – If you love cheesecake then check out these cheesecake recipes:
– Low Carb Coconut Pecan Cheesecake Bars
– Low Carb Peppermint Cheesecake-
– Low Carb Keto Mini Cheesecakes
– Low Carb Vanilla Cheesecake Fat Bombs
– Low Carb Raspberry & Coconut Crust Keto Cheesecake
Once you try this recipe (and fall in love with it), please do me a favor and leave me a review below and let me know what you think!
- In a airtight container, add your goat cheese and 1/2 cup of Lakanto Brown Sweetener and mix until the sweetener is well incorporated. Then put in the refrigerator. (By the way you can get 15% off your Lakanto Brown Sweetener when you use the code: KetoCoach)
- Wash and dry your berries then add them to a saute pan with the 2 tablespoons of butter and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Next add your cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and brown sweetener and cook on low for an additional 5 - 10 minutes or until your berries soften but are not mushy.
- Last, add the vanilla and then turn off the heat and stir well and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Serve over goat cheese while warm. Enjoy!
- Kerrygold Grass Fed Butter
- Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- Simply Organic Ground Nutmeg
- McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- Salt & Pepper Mill
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn money through qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Slice
Amount Per ServingCalories 176 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 8g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 27mg Sodium 235mg Carbohydrates 8g Fiber 3g Sugar 0g Protein 8g