Everything taste better with bacon right? And what goes better with bacon and ground beef than cheese… and lots of it!
If you're think that this is just your run of the mill meat ball then think again!
Stuffed with sharp cheddar cheese and crispy, delicious bacon I mean how much better can a meatball get!
I love this recipe because it's so freaking versatile!
I've used this low carb bacon and cheddar stuffed meatball recipe to make appetizers, to make keto meatball sandwiches and I've even put it on top of zoodles and added marinara sauce!
With so many options it's hard not to fall in love with these cheesy bacon filled meatballs!
I make them at least once a week and on days where I'm doing a million things (heck who am I kidding – that's daily), it's good to know that I can pop a few of these in the toaster oven and have a delicious little snack!
Now the neat thing about this low carb bacon & cheese stuffed meatball recipe is that if you can make it that you can with your favorite ground meat! I've tried with beef, pork, chicken and even lamb!
And if you're a true bacon lover and I mean who isn't, then you can get even MORE bacon flavor by wrapping your meatballs in bacon!
Yes… I've tried it and this is a bacon lover's dream come true!
Now the recipe that I have calls for sharp cheddar cheese and parmesan but you could make it with just about any cheese and still achieve the same outcome!
Just keep everything else in the recipe the same and you will no doubt be happy with the outcome!
Now you've probably noticed that this recipe doesn't include any type of breadcrumbs. Well you won't need any!
The cheese is the glue that helps keep the meatballs together and along with the bacon, it also keeps the meat nice and moist so no dry meatballs here!
And these little meatballs have so much flavor packed into each bite that it honestly doesn't matter how you make them because you can't go wrong!
I'm sure once you try them, it will become one of your favorite recipes too!
- In a bowl, mix the egg with the ground beef, garlic powder, and the salt and pepper. Once it's all mixed together, break them into even size meat balls and set them to the aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and the parmesan cheese then divide them to make sure you have enough for each meatball.
- Next make a pocket in each meatball and stuff the cheese and bacon mixture into each one, making sure that you leave enough ground beef to cover it back up.
- Add your olive oil and meatballs to a saute pan and cover them with a lid. Cook them on low to medium heat for about 5 or 10 minutes. You'll know that your meatballs are done when the meat is no longer be pink and the cheese start to melt but not ooze out.
- Remove them from the pan and allow them to cool slightly so that the cheese doesn't ooze out! Eat warm! Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 444Carbohydrates 1gProtein 52g